I must begin with a HUGE thank you to my friend Bernadette. She had this great idea to go to the NKOTB reunion tour, bought amazing tickets to the concert (on the floor center section 17th row!!!), and asked me to go as her concert buddy. What an honor! We lost our hearing, lost our voices, and had an absolute blast.
The event filled evening began with a 3 hour haul to the AT&T Center. I must say the closer we got the more excited we became. The mere thought of being just feet away from Joey and Jordan was more than these two moms could handle! We arrived to find out seats even better than we could have imagined. We were unbelievably close! To make our evening more thrilling a gentleman greeted us and asked us to follow him. He escorted us to an elevator where we were taken to a private lounge with catered food and a bar - - the works! We were given exclusive wristbands that allowed us to watch the concert from this lounge (we obviously returned to our seats close to the stage. Luxury was not an option - - we needed to be close!) or we could go to the lounge on the floor level and enjoy the same luxuries after the concert. He even hinted that many bands have done private concerts for their fans after the concert there (we did not stick around to find out. Lets face it we were tired. I am use to going to bed hours earlier!!) We had NO clue that our tickets came with such perks. Bernadette scored them on Ebay! Who would have thought!
That truly set the precedence for the rest of the evening. Natasha Beddingfield was great. She has such energy and the girl can sing! Then there was the moment every young girl who lived in the 80's and early 90's had been waiting for . . . the sight of the NKOTB appearing on set. It was a little unreal. I have to admit I was slightly star struck to see the guys that I spent the majority of my preteen years talking about with the other girls. Oddly enough they still look the same! Almost like they had been preserved for 15 years for this reunion tour. Even better they can still sing all those songs the same. Oh and the dance moves . . . STILL THE SAME!! Amazing I tell ya!
The evening continued with all the oldies but goodies. As we were waiting for them to come back on set in between songs we hear screaming behind us. We turn around and lo and behold just a few rows behind us are the boys on a different stage! Joey was playing the piano! Now we were even closer than before. We could hardly breathe! Little did we know that the best was yet to come! As they were finishing up their song I start to notice movement in the aisle. The next thing I yell to Bernadette "Their coming this way!" We made a mad dash to get close. The only thing between myself and the NKOTB was a bodyguard that I was more than willing to take out if I needed to (hehe). As they came running by my childhood heart throb (Joey) grabbed my hand and all but Donny(who was high fivin' the other side of the crowd) gave me a high five! I just about needed medical attention! WOW! It was too much. The night ended with non other than Hangin' Tough! The whole night was wonderful.
If you get the chance to attend a concert I must say you have to go! They put on an amazing show. The New Kids themselves were on stage for over 2 hours! You can tell that they truly love to tour and perform. I would give it 41/2 stars out of 5. (Had Donny high fived me too then I would have given them the perfect 5)! 15 years from now when they reunite again I will so be there and this time it will be on me Bernadette!
The event filled evening began with a 3 hour haul to the AT&T Center. I must say the closer we got the more excited we became. The mere thought of being just feet away from Joey and Jordan was more than these two moms could handle! We arrived to find out seats even better than we could have imagined. We were unbelievably close! To make our evening more thrilling a gentleman greeted us and asked us to follow him. He escorted us to an elevator where we were taken to a private lounge with catered food and a bar - - the works! We were given exclusive wristbands that allowed us to watch the concert from this lounge (we obviously returned to our seats close to the stage. Luxury was not an option - - we needed to be close!) or we could go to the lounge on the floor level and enjoy the same luxuries after the concert. He even hinted that many bands have done private concerts for their fans after the concert there (we did not stick around to find out. Lets face it we were tired. I am use to going to bed hours earlier!!) We had NO clue that our tickets came with such perks. Bernadette scored them on Ebay! Who would have thought!
That truly set the precedence for the rest of the evening. Natasha Beddingfield was great. She has such energy and the girl can sing! Then there was the moment every young girl who lived in the 80's and early 90's had been waiting for . . . the sight of the NKOTB appearing on set. It was a little unreal. I have to admit I was slightly star struck to see the guys that I spent the majority of my preteen years talking about with the other girls. Oddly enough they still look the same! Almost like they had been preserved for 15 years for this reunion tour. Even better they can still sing all those songs the same. Oh and the dance moves . . . STILL THE SAME!! Amazing I tell ya!
The evening continued with all the oldies but goodies. As we were waiting for them to come back on set in between songs we hear screaming behind us. We turn around and lo and behold just a few rows behind us are the boys on a different stage! Joey was playing the piano! Now we were even closer than before. We could hardly breathe! Little did we know that the best was yet to come! As they were finishing up their song I start to notice movement in the aisle. The next thing I yell to Bernadette "Their coming this way!" We made a mad dash to get close. The only thing between myself and the NKOTB was a bodyguard that I was more than willing to take out if I needed to (hehe). As they came running by my childhood heart throb (Joey) grabbed my hand and all but Donny(who was high fivin' the other side of the crowd) gave me a high five! I just about needed medical attention! WOW! It was too much. The night ended with non other than Hangin' Tough! The whole night was wonderful.
If you get the chance to attend a concert I must say you have to go! They put on an amazing show. The New Kids themselves were on stage for over 2 hours! You can tell that they truly love to tour and perform. I would give it 41/2 stars out of 5. (Had Donny high fived me too then I would have given them the perfect 5)! 15 years from now when they reunite again I will so be there and this time it will be on me Bernadette!



No comments:
Post a Comment