Time has flown by and I have not had a single minute to blog! While wild thing is napping I thought I would take a minute to play catch up on life here on the homestead. Let me begin with Halloween . . . .what an adventure!! We kicked off the spooky holiday the week before with a weekend packed with parties. Let me be the first to say what fun they were. Trunk or Treat was a great time as it is every year. While Elliot and I mingled (we are adults now so I guess that is what we do right?) the kids had a blast running around with their friends and loading up on the essentials . . . candy! We followed that party with the Halloween shin dig of the century at Caroline's house! The kids are still talking about that night. I believe that is the night that Aiden fell in love with powdered doughnuts! Caroline planned an amazing event (I think event might be an understatement) and the 400 kids that were there (okay so that is a slight exaggeration but there were times when it felt like there were that many) had an absolute ball. A HUGE thanks to Caroline and we look forward to the Christmas celebration! (Hehe) Then came the night that all little ghost and goblins wait for. The night to rake in lots of loot! We kicked off Halloween the night before with Madelyn changing her mind on what she wanted to be. If this surprises you - - I am surprised! So all the Hannah Montana goodies that were purchased for Halloween are now in the dress up bin and have not been touched!! So on Thursday night I stayed up until 1 am making the tutu for the new costume. Might I add it is quite the tutu! She made a beautiful ballerina. We boosted our energy levels before it was time to Trick or Treat with a scary supper. The adults had homemade chili in bread bowls while the kids had monster fingers dipped in Vampire blood and a very slimy Halloween punch that had worms in it ! Then we met up with all of our friends and made the rounds! Madelyn enjoyed running from house with all her friends and I am fairly sure Halloween was a dream come true for our little Aiden. The mere thought of getting to run free outside and get tons of candy I am sure excites most 2 year old boys and Aiden was no exception. Let me put it this way - - Madelyn was done and wanted to go home long before Aiden! The kids managed to get candy galore and as all good parents we ate some of it after they went to bed!
I think even scarier than Halloween was election night. Let me preface with saying that it is an incredible feeling to get to witness history, to get to teach your children about it as it is happening, and to know that we live in a country of great opportunity. That is as far as my "good" feelings about the evening go. As many of you know we were really hoping for a Mccain/Palin administration and things obviously did not go that direction or even close to that direction. Although we did not necessarily agree 100% with where they stood on certain issues, our beliefs fell more in line with their values. To be honest I really liked Sarah Palin. I am positive that will not be last time we see her in the national spotlight. Come January I will support the president. I did not vote for him, I do not agree with him on almost all of the key issues, I worry about what he is going to do to military families, and to be frank it concerns me that he is leading our country. As an American I do feel it is my duty to support our leaders. There is no shame in letting our opinions be heard or speaking out for what you believe but I am a firm believer in UNITED WE STAND. To date we are currently enjoying a visit from Grandma and Grandpa. They are passing through on their way to Florida and we were lucky enough to be on the way. We are anxiously awaiting Madelyn's birthday and the holidays and plans are in the making! We will keep everyone posted on them as the time gets closer and we get a confirmation from the Army on Elliot's deployment orders. We did get word that he will be going to Iraq. In fact his equipment gets packed up and shipped out on Wednesday of next week! Hard to believe it is time for him to leave again. Hope all is well with all of our blog followers and continue to check in for more updates!
I think even scarier than Halloween was election night. Let me preface with saying that it is an incredible feeling to get to witness history, to get to teach your children about it as it is happening, and to know that we live in a country of great opportunity. That is as far as my "good" feelings about the evening go. As many of you know we were really hoping for a Mccain/Palin administration and things obviously did not go that direction or even close to that direction. Although we did not necessarily agree 100% with where they stood on certain issues, our beliefs fell more in line with their values. To be honest I really liked Sarah Palin. I am positive that will not be last time we see her in the national spotlight. Come January I will support the president. I did not vote for him, I do not agree with him on almost all of the key issues, I worry about what he is going to do to military families, and to be frank it concerns me that he is leading our country. As an American I do feel it is my duty to support our leaders. There is no shame in letting our opinions be heard or speaking out for what you believe but I am a firm believer in UNITED WE STAND. To date we are currently enjoying a visit from Grandma and Grandpa. They are passing through on their way to Florida and we were lucky enough to be on the way. We are anxiously awaiting Madelyn's birthday and the holidays and plans are in the making! We will keep everyone posted on them as the time gets closer and we get a confirmation from the Army on Elliot's deployment orders. We did get word that he will be going to Iraq. In fact his equipment gets packed up and shipped out on Wednesday of next week! Hard to believe it is time for him to leave again. Hope all is well with all of our blog followers and continue to check in for more updates!



1 comment:
I didnt know you had a blog...this will be a good way for me to keep up with you guys! Hope all is well and from the sounds of it Halloween went well!
Post a Comment