
I hear my phone ring and see it is Berni. I gave my usual greeting, "Hello!" then I hear I long drawn out somewhat panicky, "OH MY GOSH!" She went on to describe the days events of her 5 year old running in screaming that the bathroom was flooded with toilet water! By the time she had made the mad dash to the bathroom to asses the situation, toilet water had not only consumed the bathroom but had reached a good portion of the carpet. Keep in mind it was only 10 am. There was still plenty of day left for more events. This conversation served as an inspiration for what I know will be a number one on the top sellers list. My latest idea . . . a book titled Deployment Moments. It will be a compilation of all the ridicouls stories that ONLY happen when our husbands are overseas. I think Berni's event of the day will get its own chapter titled How To Clean Up The Toilet Water After He leaves. How about Caroline's latest hair story or all her Volvo stories? I know I have enough stories to write a novel. As much as we joke about deployments, in a way I am some what grateful for them. Deployments have made my relationship with Elliot stronger and have taught me more about myself then I could have learned in a lifetime without them. You learn to do things that you would have never known to do before. So maybe the last chapter will be titled Deployments: You May Not Like 'Em, But Boy Will You Learn!



No comments:
Post a Comment