Friday, June 5, 2009

Everything She Needs To Know She learned In Kindergarten





























Almost seven years ago there was a single event that left me overwhlemed with emotions. So happy and proud yet so overwhelmed, sad and wishing time would just stop. I can remember thinking if I could just get through this one single day I would never have to face these feelings a second time. That day was Madelyn's first birthday. There is something about your oldest child leaving behind the days of being a baby and entering what seems like at the time the rest of her life. I was wrong. Those same emotions came pouring back today as she was able to check off one of life's tasks : kindergarten. I suppose in a way the two events are similar. Both days she took a big leap into life. Closing a chapter in her book. There is something about the innocence of kindergarten I love. Maybe it is the curiosity or this passion for learning she has. It is all so new and fun. I hope she carries it with her. I am beaming with pride. She is beyond amazing. She astonishes me everyday. You learn quickly as a mother to cherish every moment with your precious little ones. It all goes by so fast. Mom and dad love you baby girl. You make us so proud.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones