While Elliot was in basic training I received many letters home about one gentleman in particular. I am fairly sure this one man is responsible for making many grown men cry. I heard the stories but never had the chance to meet this legend. While attending Freedom Fest this year I had stopped two soliders that were assisting with the festivities to ask a question. We spoke for several minutes and then I looked down at his name badge to thank him. The name rang a bell. It was the man that had been the topic of so many letters and the source of my worries for my husband while he was in basic. I could hardly believe it! He could hardly believe that I had heard stories of him while he was a drill sgt let alone that I would remember him! He now is stationed here at Fort Hood also. Small world. I had to get my picture with this famous man to show Elliot. Somehow I get the feeling he is a little less scarey outside the walls of basic training.



No comments:
Post a Comment