After Aiden was born and both Aiden and I had a few moments to recover from the delivery process, we brought Madelyn into the delivery room to meet her new baby brother. Introducing them to one another as soon as possible was so important to Elliot and I. Not only did it create an immediate bond but it also made Madelyn feel so much a part of the whole process. It was one of those "remember for a lifetime" moments for our family. Not only did Madelyn get to meet Aiden, but at that moment she was officially pinned a BIG SISTER. She proudly wore her "New Big Sister" pin around the hospital. This started the getting pinned tradition in our house. Although baby Jacquelyn has not arrived to date, Madelyn and Aiden got pinned after their big brother and big sister class at the hospital. They most definitely have earned it. The class was wonderful. Madelyn, being the experienced, more mature and seasoned big sister already felt as if she could teach the class. Aiden naturally kept everyone laughing with his antics announcing he one time at his boogar and of course there was a comment blurted out by him during the portion of the class that discussed breastfeeding. I think I will leave the quote out. My sweet little Aiden. What is a mother to do? The excitement is building as we are anxiously waiting to meet the newest member of our family.



No comments:
Post a Comment