Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Our Latest Ventures
Elliot and I were recently reflecting over his 30 day leave. Most would take this time to vacation and just relax and recoop after a long year of hard work. How did Elliot and I spend it . . .WORKING! Call us crazy but our latest hobbies are more along the lines of business ventures. After the birth of Jacquelyn paying "boutique" prices for all the accessories the girls needed to complete their attire just got too expensive. I eventually learned how to make them on my own. As time went on I had friends and teachers asking me to make them the same hair bows my girls were wearing. So (of course) I ran with it. With the help of Elliot I now have a great inventory built up and have started taking my accessory line to craft and trade shows and have already seen great success. It has been a very fun hobby and am already expanding to other fun and trendy accessories for little girls! I am in the process of builing a "real" website but until then I have a blog started. bowsbyaubreylynn.blogspot.com While Elliot was not making bows (ha ha) he was researching buying our very first investment property. We have found oursleves in a very unique position living near a military installation. There are so many benefits to owning property in this area it is hard to pass up this opportunity. Fortunatly there are always soliders coming and going and finding renters in this area is never a problem. We are currently looking at several different four plex's in our area. There is a very wide selection to choose from within our price range and here is the kicker . . . our mortage on the ENTIRE four plex will be LESS than what we are paying for rent on our home. Very minimal risk and with renters we have positive cash flow of over $1500 a month (most real estate experts reccomend a positive cash flow of $300) Intially we will be living in one of the apartments (three bedroom two bath) since we will be using our VA loan benefits and that is a requirement. Our goal is to over the years purchase several of these here and around the country as we move around with the military. As always we see the possiblitites to be endless and our adventures continue!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment