Sunday, May 2, 2010
The Mom I Strive To Be
Mother's Day this year I would dare say takes the cake. I sure did luck into marrying a man that treats me as his queen. We went to Marble Falls, dinner, Iron Man 2 ( I was out voted by the kids as to what movie we saw and was not super thrilled at first but boy I am glad that is what we saw. GREAT movie), breakfast on Mother's Day, a 4 hour nap, Elliot and the kids went out and picked me wild flowers the morning of my special day, a painted frame with a picture in it, and last but not least James Avery jewlery to add to my collection. Whew! What a great weekend. It was just before Mother's Day Madelyn presented me with an early Mother's Day Card. Handmade with pencil stektches of hearts and rainbows on a piece of notebook paper. I think she had made it during some free time she had at school. She had written "Happy Mothers Day" on the front. On the inside she wrote the words, "Dear mom, You do a lot of stuff for us. You are fun and nice. You are pritty (pretty). I love you." What a sweet girl she is. So incredibly thoughtful. Her card gave me glimpse how my children see me as their mother. I strive to be the kind of mother that works hard for her family providing our little family with experiences and memories together as well as the clean home and all the other "less" fun jobs that come with the title of being a mother. I work hard to treat our children with respect. The same respect that I expect them to give to me while still maintaining my role as one of the authority figures in their life. I treat them with kindness and show them my love for them. I make sure to take the time I need for myself to work out and take care of myself so that I represent not only me but my husband and children well. I was so grateful to read Madelyn's words and to see that they recognize for the mother that I stive to be. I love those kids more than words can describe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment