Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Surprise


I would really like to thank my husband for this little "surprise" he brought home for the kids. Not sure exactly what his train of thought was when he stopped and picked this little fella up off the road and brought him home. Elliot called on his way home for lunch and said he had a surprise for Aiden. I was thinking what an amazing dad he is. Always thinking of the kids. That was until he pulled Phillip (some of you might know the significance behind naming the turtle Phillip. Aiden later renamed Squints after his favorite character in the movie The Sandlot) out of his trunk. We let Phillip Squints Omanson wander around the front yard and then in the back yard for the afternoon all while the kids each took turns shoving lettuce and grass in its face hoping it would eat! We even went as far as to Google what kind of turtle he was (a Texas River Cooter. Yes that is the real name for him. I am not making that up). It was about the time that the turtle started hissing at the kids and I was on my 9th "that thing has salmonella" rant that Elliot and the kids set him free in the creek behind our house. Aiden is still hoping Phillip Squints will come home to him soon.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones