We knew there would be plenty of good stories to share from the first day of school! Undoubtedly these stories would involve mostly Aiden. Sure enough I did not even have to wait until the end of the day before the "Aiden stories" started rolling in.
As Jacquelyn and I sat down to lunch the phone rings. It was my friend who also has kids that attend the same school. She had just gotten back from making a quick run up to the school to take her son his water bottle he had forgotten and had to call me cracking up with what she had just witnessed in the cafeteria.
Aiden obviously is enjoying his new found freedoms and his ability to make decisions on his own. Up until - - well . . . today, I had always assumed Aiden would be a "cold luncher". I assumed he would be just like his older sister and strictly eat a sack lunch that I pack and send to school with them. Madelyn, for obvious reasons, has never had any desire to eat the school lunch. It never dawned on me to ask Aiden if he would want to be a "hot luncher" and eat the cafeteria food. Aiden is not one to eat a variety of foods so I was SHOCKED to learn that Aiden opted to leave his sack lunch filled with his favorite foods behind in the classroom and eat the cafeteria food. They were serving egg rolls non the less! Apparently he LOVED them!
Well it just so happens that Madelyn and Aiden share the same lunch hour. Once Madelyn (AKA mother hen) got wind that her brother was eating a hot lunch she went right into crisis mode! Yelling from across the cafeteria "Why does my brother have a tray? He should not have a tray!!!!!! My mom packs our lunch!!!!!!! We drink Soy milk!!!!! We do NOT eat the school lunch!!!!!!" Eventually they got her calmed down only to point out that he had already eaten EVERYTHING on his tray! Oh to be a fly on the wall.
My friend and I were laughing so hard over the whole debacle I was in tears. I can just picture the entire scene. Of course my friend was also around to witness Aiden get out of line and run over to talk to Madelyn followed by him getting in trouble, being put back in line, only to wander down the hall at his own pace and not with the rest of his class stopping to look at things in the hall on his way back to the classroom.
I have yet to even pick up the kids. Count on more blog posts to come!



1 comment:
HAHAHA! Seriously can't wait to hear all the stories! I am scared cause Ada starts tomorrow!
Post a Comment