Well we took the leap! A deal we could not pass up presented itself and we took it! So we are officially HOME OWNERS! A ranch style home with 5 bedrooms, 2.5 baths on a 4,000 square foot lot! How could we not pass it up! It has an eat in kitchen as well as a dining room. Linen and storage closets galore! Marble through out all the bathrooms! A dream come true! We found this deal just in time to pick out all the colors for the flooring, marble, appliances, etc. It was a really fun experience.
Our new home at first seemed like a mansion and was almost a work out getting from room to room. When you more than double the space you have been living in for the past 3 years it is quite the adjustment. After about a month of living in it I told Elliot maybe 5 bedrooms was not enough! I think we need 6! He just rolled his eyes! . . . Then I had my first time of cleaning the entire house. . . I wanted to down size!
The kids have adjusted to their new school rather well and have made many new friends there. Now that it is Spring we are playing outside and meeting all the neighbors. Slowly but surely I am decorating. Madelyn's room is the first BIG project. Visions of bright pink, black and zebra print accents have been in my head and I must say it is turning out nicely!
The storage space is AMAZING in this house as well as the giant yard for the kids. But maybe the best part of the whole deal . . . . I now have my very own craft room! Complete with a work area and a shipping station! The ribbon that once consumed my entire house now only consumes one room! I am pretty sure that is worth it's weight in gold in Elliot's mind!
So this is the first of many more housing investments. We are still always on the look out for the next great deal! Real estate moguls? Not just yet, but we might just be on our way!



No comments:
Post a Comment