I can remember a few years back listening to talk that our stake president was giving on the differences between happiness and pure joy. Although I had heard this topic discussed before for some reason on this particular day his words have stuck with me. For our family Elliot and I have made the desicion to choose to be happy. Regardless of the situation or the circumstances our family will be happy. It is a choice that each of us must make and your outcome in life is dependent on which you choose. We want our children to learn the importance of this. There are also many things in life that can make us happy and most of us are fortunate enough to experience those happy moments daily. But it is those moments of pure joy that stop you in your tracks and make you so grateful for all you have been given. It is those special moments that you close your eyes and try to take in every moment possible. Our sweet baby Jacquelyn was blessed on Sunday March 21st. For Elliot and I this was one of those pure joy moments. From a mother's perspective to have my husband bless our daughter with all the blessings we see fit for her life is simply indescribable. My heart was over flowing with joy and gratitude for that moment. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Jacquelyn's Blessing Day
I can remember a few years back listening to talk that our stake president was giving on the differences between happiness and pure joy. Although I had heard this topic discussed before for some reason on this particular day his words have stuck with me. For our family Elliot and I have made the desicion to choose to be happy. Regardless of the situation or the circumstances our family will be happy. It is a choice that each of us must make and your outcome in life is dependent on which you choose. We want our children to learn the importance of this. There are also many things in life that can make us happy and most of us are fortunate enough to experience those happy moments daily. But it is those moments of pure joy that stop you in your tracks and make you so grateful for all you have been given. It is those special moments that you close your eyes and try to take in every moment possible. Our sweet baby Jacquelyn was blessed on Sunday March 21st. For Elliot and I this was one of those pure joy moments. From a mother's perspective to have my husband bless our daughter with all the blessings we see fit for her life is simply indescribable. My heart was over flowing with joy and gratitude for that moment. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment