Friday, April 9, 2010

Hipty Hopity . . .














































Here comes Peter Cottontail hoping down the bunny trail . . .


















Our Easter was one to remember (as most events in this household are!). We ventured out to the annual Flash Light Easter Egg at the lake this year. We have lived here almost 4 years now and every year I have wanted to go and have never been brave enough to tackle that adventure. This year though that is how we started off our Easter celebrations and boy am I thrilled we did! I can not remember the last time the kids were that excited. It puts a unique twist on the tradtional egg hunt and was a fun night out for the family. The park was filled with bounce houses, games, food and the Easter Bunny. When the sunset everyone gathered around with their flashlights on and waited for the man on the loud speaker to start the hunt! Naturally Elliot and I went into man to man defense and he took Aiden while Madelyn and I went to her age division area for her hunt. Over 60,000 eggs were hidden ALL filled with candy and prizes! Needless to say the kids came home with a healthy amount of loot! The day before Easter we spent the afternoon coloring eggs! That is always an experience and the more kids you have the more of an "experience" it is! Good thing those eggs were hard boiled is all I have to say. Easter morning the kids woke up to their baskets filled with chocolate Easter bunnies, swimsuits, and behind their baskets they found . . . a pool for the back yard! Smart Easter Bunny! Bring them all the stuff they will be needing for fun in the back yard since the weather is already warm!



So until next year Peter Cottontail may your trail be lined with jellybeans!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones