
This afternoon the kids and I were looking at some of the latest pictures of Elliot in Iraq. Although we do get to see him daily via Skype it is still really neat to look at pictures of him in the envoirnment where he lives and works. Today we came across a picture of Elliot surrounded by some of the Iraqi children in the area where he works. When I showed this picture to Madelyn I never thought I would get the response I got from her. She took one look at this picture and made a comment that made me realize just how hard deployments can be for children.
"I think it is unfair that all those kids get to be with my dad while I am here without him." she said.
How hard it must be for these little ones to understand. One day she will understand that her dads job is more than a job. One day she will come to realize the honor that comes from defending your country. Eventually she will learn how blessed we are to live in this great nation with all of our freedoms and that while her dad was with those kids instead of her he was helping to give them a better life all while keeping her safe. As she learns and grows she will understand that although her dad was not here with her physically there is not a day that went by where she was not part of his every thought and prayer. Someday she will understand . . . someday.



1 comment:
she is such a doll. omgosh, i'm totally crying right now! she will understand someday and also understand what a great mother she has that was so strong for her.
Post a Comment