Monday, March 2, 2009

Just For The Record

When I first started the blogging addiction, Lexie gave me the idea to use this as our family journal. I thought that was a super idea and that could possibly be why a majority of our blogs seem somewhat boring to those who follow. Most blogs I write are not for the readers, but for Elliot and I to remember that moment someday down the line. That is why I have come to love blogging over other outlets of sharing such as myspace of facebook. This serves the purpose of sharing but also as remembering. Today I want to remember it was Elliot's first day of college while in Iraq! It seems so odd to me he can be working towards finishing that daunting task of a degree while at war. I bet the WWII vets are shaking their heads at that one. Amazing to me. I am so grateful for all the military has provided us with. Elliot will be able to finish his degree with no out of pocket expenses for us and better yet still have his GI Bill to use towards the kids college education. Where else can you find that? It provides us with a nice home, nice car (so in love with our Pacifica), and a nice life style all while being in college. There are sacrifices made for this (like gee - - being apart for year), but in couple of years those sacrifices will have been well worth it and we will not have to do that anymore. I am so proud of Elliot for his hard work for our family.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones