Confession #1: I never thought I would be the parent that counts. Oh how I swore up and down I would NEVER be a counting parent. But to be honest I am fairly sure this how Aiden has learned his numbers. When Aiden starts behaving in a manner that he knows he should not be, he generally gets the "ONE!". No response. "TWO!" coupled with that horrifying mother look. By this point he generally comes running to me open armed for the kiss up hug. My friend asked what happens when I get to three. I had never thought of that as luckily we had never reached that point. I had better figure it out because I am sure that day will come!
Confession #2: I was just sure that my kids would be in bed on time every night. Sure there was some flexibility involved but there was no way I would stray from the all too important schedule. That was until I was introduced to Pounce! Sometimes card games with good friends over rules all schedules (only sometimes though. and only on the weekends).
Confession #3 : This mom okays junk food every now and again. . . . okay maybe more than I should. I was just positive as a new mommy that my children would only eat Organic, non gm, healthy food. And they do for the first year I will say that. Breast milk and organic baby food is it for the little ones. No sugar and no fast food. AHHHH and then comes the day when they get a goldfish or a cheerio. I have sugary cereals in the house and I even pack chips in Madelyns's lunch. Yet my kids are still alive. Go figure.
Confession #4 : I get frustrated as a parent. I never thought it would come to this. No matter how many people told me this day would come I refused to hear it. Then comes the day when you realize your frustration comes from all your love from them. You do not want to raise a 2 year old that hits over toys and does not want to share or a 6 year old that talks back instead of saying, "yes mom". You want well mannered, respectful, polite children. Regardless of how many times you attempt to teach right from wrong they still have their own ideas of how to get the job done. Eventually I know they will learn and thank me for all my harwork as a mom but in the meantime, you want the absolute best for the these precious little kiddos. The moment you feel that things are not going just perfect frustration takes over. No matter how many times I promised myself to go with the flow and to just be patient that does not always happen. There are those times where you are left wondering if you are doing what is right and if maybe, just maybe, if you did a little bit more or did things slightly different you would have perfect children. Then reality sets in and you realize frustration is all part of this beautiful job as parents. Most of the time we parents learn from it too.
Okay other bloggers I would LOVE to read your parenting confessions! I am so sure there are some good ones out there!



No comments:
Post a Comment