Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break 2009
















Some blogging is in order as it has been way too long. I am sure you will not be surprised to read that life has been slightly busy here on the homefont. We just returned from an amazing Spring Break Vacation this year. The kids and loaded up along with the dog and made the long haul back home. We enjoyed a week of good ol' fashioned family fun. Family BBQ's, dinners, evenings with American Idol (there is still the Anoop debacle going on amongst the fam and I am positive that Adam has this thing in the bag!), shopping trips, etc. I even scored a day of rest while Aunt Em and Austin took the kids for a trip to the zoo. Emily even lost a necklace to a very hungry goat in the petting zoo that afternoon. Since this would most likely be our last trip before the new baby is born, the girls got together to throw a family baby shower for me. It was so wonderful to have my mom, grandma, and sisters all come together to celebrate this new member of our family. That evening was really special and meant a great deal. Wonderful memories were made as all of the women in our family worked to create a quilt for baby Jacquelyn (did I mention her name will be Jacquelyn Taylor), and of course while we ate, talked, and opened up all the goodies! The highlight of the evening had to be Aiden and Grandpa Randy's return from Bass Pro. Aiden scored any toy of his choice. The picture above shows just what Aiden picked. You can not imagine how surprised we were when Aiden comes running through the door with a jr camper headlamp. My dad was quick to point out that if you turn the light on and point it to the ground little Aiden will chase it for hours. Never a dull moment. I do need to add for memories sake that this will be the last trip the dog will be making with us. A carsick dog does not make for a good day when traveling. I do believe the Pacifica is still recovering as am I. When we returned home I had some rather exciting news awaiting me in my inbox. Before Elliot deployed I applied to be apart of a new reality show called The Real Army Wives. As soon as I read the email I anxiously returned their call. How thrilled I was to learn that they were very interested in our story and wanted a get to know you video, pictures, etc. My friends and I worked last week on creating what I know has to be the best casting video they will get. I am so anxious to hear their response. I know that our family can represent the Army in a positive manner and lets just face it - - one look into my life along with my friends lives while our husbands are deployed will send their ratings thru the roof! Angie - if you happen to read this I know you are nodding your head yes after viewing our video! Before we mailed the 4 hour video off we had a movie premiere night. It was then that we decided that we would video tape everything we did together. We found certain portions rather comical to say the least. Needless to say we have gained some great one liners after this week and certain people will go down in history for the way they end their interviews (not mentioning names - - - - Christina). Some very exciting times here at the Omanson household. I can not wait to see what life brings next!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones