Ah yes the Brigade Easter Egg Hunt. I would say it does not take much to sum up the event. A VERY friendly Easter Bunny (Please see picture), Aiden getting his bucket stuck on his head some many times I lost count, gobs of kids, more plastic eggs filled with candy than you can imagine, and a golden egg. Yes, it really does exist. I seem to remember as a kid being told there was a golden egg hidden with a special prize . . . we spent hours if not days looking for this magical mythical golden egg. Amazingly it was never found. As kids we doubted its true existence but now as a parent myself I too am rather fond of the golden egg idea. Thanks to some good eyes and ears Berni managed to find this golden egg that has been in hiding all these years! She even scored a special prize for her egg hunting skills. If only we had looked on the back of a tank at an Army post as kids we just might have solved the golden egg mystery.



No comments:
Post a Comment