Sunday, April 19, 2009

That Time Of Year

This time of year seems to always keep us busy. So many fun things to do and so little time to do them in. We managed to make another trip to SeaWorld again this year. It is amazing how seeing the same whales, dolphins, and sea lions do the same tricks year after year never really gets old. We are so grateful to SeaWorld for giving the military free passes. It makes for a fun day year after year. Here are some of this years highlights . . . .







This weekend marked the Madelyn and Aiden's very first trip to a skating rink. Talk about an adventure. Although they have been ice skating several times this was their first time to be on 4 wheels. The start of the afternoon was a bit a rough. There seemed to be more time spent on the ground of the skating rink then actually up skating. I was just sure there would be a trip to the ER at some point during this experience. It will come as no surprise that it did not take those two little ones long to get the hang of one of my favorite childhood past times. After just a few short minutes Aiden wanted nothing to do with mom's help and he was off on his own. Slightly scary for a mother to see her little two year wanting to wander the skating rink on his own. Luckily I was allowed to walk the rink with Aiden (not a great idea to skate while 6 months pregnant). Madelyn seemed ready to have at it and wanted join her friends from the get go with very little practice. The next thing I knew she was doing the Hokey Pokey and the Limbo. It was great fun. I guess you could say it also served as a trip down memory lane for me. It made me think back to the days of Olathe Skateland, couples skating with Kevin to the song he requested, MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, and the one and only NKOTB! May those memories live on! Oh and if you are wondering if little Aiden is picking his nose in the picture below . . . . yes he is. Amazingly he managed to pick and skate. Nothing will stop that kid from a good pick!




















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have one word for you “believe” (hand motions)haha!
PS…You look great for 6 months! Love ya! Erin

Lexie said...

Incredibly good-looking kids! And I'd say that even if I WASN'T their Grama!

Lexie said...

I LOVE the picture of you with the kids!!!! Is there any way I can save photos from your blog? I'll try.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones