For the past three years our family has managed to attend the single event that gets the kids excited just at the mere mention of it. Kid Fest! I would dare say that it is now a family tradition. This month celebrates all those in the military that really need celebrated . . . the kids. It is not just the moms and dads that make sacrafices during these times, all the kids associated with the military give up their very precious time with dads too. So April is one big kid party on post and we love to participate. Bounce houses, loads of games and prizes, petting zoo, pony rides, booths filled with goody bags just waiting to be handed out, face painting, a stage with live performances, all the pizza, hot dogs, chips, sno cones, ice cream, sodas, and bottled water that you can handle . . . . all for free. Cha ching! We really enjoy going every year. Next year we will be adding another kiddo to the party and Elliot will be here to enjoy it with us again. Too early to start the count down?
On a side note I am sure you can share in my excitement as I monitor the porta john for for the kids. I dont remember reading this in the parenting handbook. . . . .



No comments:
Post a Comment