
It seems like every year the Christmas season seems to come earlier and earlier. Most years it comes months before we even begin to think about sneaking into the kids Halloween candy after they go to bed. Generally it is July when I walk into Hobby Lobby only to find beautiful Christmas tree displays set up and it is generally July when I have a snide comment to make about how every year the commercial end of the holiday season starts earlier and earlier. This year though was different. No worries the Hobby Lobby still had Christmas decorations up in July, but instead of my usual yearly disgusted comment, this I year I stopped myself. While telling Aiden we could not purchase the basketball tree ornaments I realized how grateful I was to see Christmas. It was a sweet reminder that soon our family will get to be together again. Just a couple short weeks after Christmas we will be running across the parade field to hug our solider. So put up those twinkly lights an bring on the holidays!



No comments:
Post a Comment