Friday, September 18, 2009

My Hallelujah Song

Aiden served me a great reminder the other day. I think most people in their younger years find themselves confused and wondering whether or not they are heading in the right direction. I can remember having similar feelings. Planning for your future is not an easy task. After I met Elliot everything seemed to fall into place and the question of my direction in life was never revisited. As our family grows I become more and more grateful for the many blessing that we have been given. Especially the blessing of the relationship I have with my spouse and the blessings of our children. The other day Aiden and I got side tracked while doing his morning tasks in his room. Some how or another bed making turned into an all out monster truck rally in his room. While we were sitting on the floor he paused from showing me which truck was the loudest and randomly asked me, "Where do you work mom?" I responded by telling him I am a lucky mom! I get to stay home and play with you and your sisters for my job! Aiden did not respond right away. He actually shrugged his shoulders. He thought about my answer for a minute leaned over to me, grabbed both of my cheeks, pulled me in close and gave me a big wet kiss and said, "Mommy I love you!" He understood. He is grateful his mom is there to play monster truck. He reminded me that I am living My Hallelujah Song. I am right where I belong. I am so thankful for that.


**My Hallelujah Song is a fantastic country song by Julianne Hough**

1 comment:

Lexie said...

You made me cry! I'm so lucky that Elliot found you! I'm so glad you're my DIL. I love you.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones