Sunday, January 18, 2009

365 Wake Ups

Let me preface the following conversation with a bit of history. Our dear friend Robert Slimmer (AKA Slim) by all legal standards is not family, but we consider him to be. In fact I am fairly sure that the kids do not know he is not family. When we had our farewell dinner with him before he and Elliot deployed Madelyn had said she wished they did not have to go. Slim told her not to worry it was ONLY 365 wake ups. That has now become the theme of this deployment.

The following conversation took place over dinner several days ago.

Madelyn: So how many days has dad been gone?
Aubrey: Well let me see (counting on my fingers) I guess he has been gone five days now.
Madelyn: So now I need to figure out what is 365 minus 5 days. (Subtracting out loud.)
Aubrey: Why?
Madelyn: Well I think that leaves 360 wake ups until they come home. Right?
Aubrey: You got!
Madelyn: Well that is not bad at all!!!!! (Excitement in her voice)
Man I love that girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aubrey I forgot to write down your address for the wedding before you deleted your myspace account. If you could send it to my I would greatly appreciate it my email is linnyb18@aol.com. Oh and by the way this story is so cute looks to me like you have an amazing set of kids.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones