
Tonight I stumbled across a blog that I will most likely never forget. The blog belongs to a family stationed here at Fort Hood and has the most incredible message to share. I have never met this women although we do attend the same church. To be honest I have never even heard their names or passed them in the hall. Odds are that she is in the ward that does not overlap times with ours. Out of respect and privacy for her family I will not go into great detail about their story but I will share with you just how moved I am. When her husband left for Iraq she shared that she did not expect for that to be last time she would get to see him. I do not even want to imagine the heartbreak she felt when she recieved that dreaded knock on the door only to open and see two soliders in uniform standing there. Her story is so incredibly tragic and heartbreaking. Tears poured down my face at the mere thought of having to endure such a trial. And their four children, the youngest being only one . . . . . I can not even bear the thought. Her message though is powerful. I am so grateful I stumbled across that. Oddly enough it was just what I needed. I know you are thinking what? Your husband left just a week ago?!? Her testimony of the Savior, of His atonement, and of what a powerful thing it is just have the knowledge that you will get see your loved ones again has carried her through this and is so inspiring. It is all to easy to get caught up in life here on Earth and I often lose focus on what is truley important. So thank you for sharing your story and serving as an inspiration.



No comments:
Post a Comment