Tuesday, January 13, 2009

If You Give A Mouse A Refridgerator.

When we arrived home from San Antonio our fridge was making a rather odd buzzing sound every time the compressor would kick on. We called out a repair man to asses the situation and tell us if it was time for a new fridge. Upon his arrival he was able to tell that there was nothing wrong with the fridge without even looking at it. After some inspection it was just as he had thought . . . . something was caught in the compressor fan. . . . a little house for a mouse. He was kind enough to clean it out and check temperatures in the fridge and freezer and reassured me that the fridge was in tip top shape (darn! I was kind of hoping for a new one!). Despite the expert telling me that a mouse or some creature had to have built the nest I was convinced otherwise. Our home is only 3 years old and there have been no signs of any little friends around our house. Never mind the field and creek behind our home. After the kids went to bed last night I was enjoying some quiet time with my favorite shows and out of the corner of my eye I see my worst nightmare dart across the living room. I am learning that I live in denial because although I had seen the mouse I was just sure that I had imagined it. Surely it was deployment paranoia. It only took one more dart across the living for my disbelief to vanish and for panic to set in. A mouse in the house!! I opt to try to wake the dog up and for her to use her hunting skills to save us from the horrible rodent. Miley is our little Diva though. She loves her sleep. All I could get out of her was a little grunt. She did not even open her eyes. I guess today I will be calling the pest control company. Sigh. It is only day 3 of the deployment. What else could possibly happen?

1 comment:

grammab said...

Hey Aubrey - We're the same about the mouse business -pretend it isn't there. Years ago we threw our cat into the bathroom because we saw one run in and the cat freaked. Kevin had to catch the mouse. Stay safe and good luck. Barb


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones